What is Favourites tool bar

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

vsrawat11

What is Favourites tool bar

Post by vsrawat11 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 pm

When everything of my bookmarks (favourites) are appearing in "All Favourites" toolbar, what What exactly should appear in Favourites tool bar. It is just appearing as a blank line always.

Thanks.

Slim_is_Phat

Re: What is Favourites tool bar

Post by Slim_is_Phat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:28 pm

You can place bookmarks there. Just drag a link on the toolbar, or click the Add_to_Favourites button and choose the Favourites tool bar. Make sure to have this button (yellow star with a green circle and a white "plus") in the standard bar.

vsrawat11

Post by vsrawat11 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:57 am

Then, why give two toolbars for doing the same thing?

Can't it be done through a single toolbar? screen real estate is very precious.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:28 am

Major change in Version 6 release was to rename the "Links Bar" into "Favorites Bar". The old "Favorites Bar" was renamed to "All Favorites".

The "All Favorites" tool bar is mapped to the entire favorites folder while the Favorites Bar is mapped to the Favorites Bar folder within the favorites folder. Both toolbars display an array of links and subfolders. The link can be shortcut to any local file on your computer or any URL on the Web. The link can also be a shortcut to special file types registered by SlimBrowser, such as a group file (.sgp), an form file (.sbfm) or a quicksearch engine definition file (.qseg) as well as a Menu action command file (.mnit).

Essentially the Favorites Bar is a place to single out some few extremely frequently used actions and have them separate from the rest of the favorites in their own toolbar.

I particularly enjoy a few mnit single click files which I have in the Favorites Bar. One of them reads like this

Code: Select all

&View:Refresh All
and it Refreshes all of the open tabs with a single click instead of having to click View and Refresh All. Another reads like this

Code: Select all

&File:Close All
this one closes all the open tabs and I have used this one hundreds if not thousands of times.

Now some users will never desire to have a separate Favorites Bar and they won't need to display the bar or make use of it. Instead you should just use the All Favorites toolbar.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson