slimbrowser steal focus

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

baladragon

slimbrowser steal focus

Post by baladragon » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi
Does anyone know is there an option to set the slimbrowser so that it will not steal focus even after I put it in background.
e.g.
1.) open slimbrowser, log on to yahoo
2.) open another apps (e.g. word) and start working
3.) all of a sudden slimbrowser popup because it finished loading yahoo after logon

what I want is it behave like other browser (ie, firefox, opera, chrome, safari, ...etc) in which when user put it in background, even after loading it at most just flash and not popup and steal the focus.

thanks in advance

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: slimbrowser steal focus

Post by oftentired » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Minimize the program window to the taskbar before opening the next application. It should remain minimized.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

baladragon

Post by baladragon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:46 am

thanks

jhettish

Post by jhettish » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 am

I saw this post by Googling a similar phrase. My secretary likes to keep Yahoo home page up while working but when she minimizes it to the taskbar (Win7 Pro) and begins to work on an Excel spreadsheet, the first typed character brings Slim Browser back up immediately. The only solution I've come up with is to bail completely out of SB. Simply, physically, minimizing SB does *not* fix the problem.

This is the first time this has happened so a reboot might fix the problem but at the moment there's too much for her to do for me to reboot her computer.

John Hettish
john@mt2w.com

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:15 am

jhettish wrote:I saw this post by Googling a similar phrase. My secretary likes to keep Yahoo home page up while working but when she minimizes it to the taskbar (Win7 Pro) and begins to work on an Excel spreadsheet, the first typed character brings Slim Browser back up immediately. The only solution I've come up with is to bail completely out of SB. Simply, physically, minimizing SB does *not* fix the problem.

This is the first time this has happened so a reboot might fix the problem but at the moment there's too much for her to do for me to reboot her computer.

John Hettish
john@mt2w.com
You might try a registry change described at this page