Audio Extraction From Youtube Downloads Intermittent

SlimBrowser bug reports

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

bigfella50

Audio Extraction From Youtube Downloads Intermittent

Post by bigfella50 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:40 am

When I download video's from Youtube and autoextract the audio track, a file is created but the file length is 0 bytes.
This happens intermittently. Any Ideas Folks?
If I convert the video to a AVI I can then extract the audio component.
Keep Calm & Carry On

Raa'Kaan
Advanced Member

Re: Audio Extraction From Youtube Downloads Intermittent

Post by Raa'Kaan » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:58 pm

Just backing up your observations.

Extracting mp3 or downloading mp3 directly I have also observed varied results and intermittant zero byte files.

With enough fiddling around I can usually get what I am after but yeah, there is some wierdness happening there I can't quite put my finger on to suggest any workarounds or fixes but it probably has more to do with the source files than SlimBrowser. /shrug

In the end, I'm still very happy Slimbrowser even has the YouTube download button. =)

7bfb4bef

Post by 7bfb4bef » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:58 am

I have had the same experiece as bigfella50 on occasion... at first I thought it was my computer being too slow for the conversion process but after seeing two others having problems I now know it is not just me.

I have also had a problem where the audio file was created but when played back there was no audio.

Raa'Kaan
Advanced Member

Post by Raa'Kaan » Wed May 13, 2015 12:38 pm

I may have stumbled upon the problem.

From the Slimbrowser help file:
If you only want to quickly download the audio track without wasting time downloading the video data, you also have to wait until the video has started playing for at least 5 seconds. After that, click the "Download Audio" button to start downloading the audio track in mp3 format.
Well, ok - tested by allowing video to run for 20 seconds before clicking download audio and still got a 0 byte file.

Will continue testing...