Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:55 am 

I would like to install either SlimBrowser or SlimJet browser on my Athalon XP 2600+ 1.92Ghz 1G Rom processor (I don't use IE8 now),Desktop running XPSP3, 4G Hard drive, partitioned 1G, 3G available of which 53% available running Firefox 28 and Word 2000. I have just had 1G extra Memory added when trying to install Pale Moon any version but my Tech. found that my Athalon XP 2600+ was not supported but an older Pentium processor was supported.

Could anyone on here tell me if my Athalon XP 2600+ processor is supported and if either SlimBrowser or SlimJet will either run properly?

Please not too tech. as I am a Silver surfer, as my handle and self taught into the bargain, I have to be very careful before jumping as there is no-one close to get me out of trouble.

I was trying to get Pale Moon because my Adult Son keeps using IE8 (not safe now) and doesn't like FF28 which gobbles memory like no tomorrow anyway. :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:53 am 
Advanced Member

I think both browser should be able to install and run. If your avoiding IE I would try Slimjet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 am 

Thanks for your response, I am only trying to make something else available to my son who persists in using IE8 on the Internet as he doesn't my Firefox 28, I don't mind Slimbrowser using some internals of IE because there are built in safety that was the reason I was trying to use Pale Moon because it looks similar to IE and hopefully he would use it, but I found it doesn't support my AthalonXP 2600+ processor and would not open.

I will give Slimbrowser a try, will all versions including the latest work for XPSP3 and do I have to temporarily suspend my AVG when installing?

A Side Question While I was delving into past Forum Threads for information initally I remember seeing in passing someone who under their post had the note that they used Athalon ??? the post was not of interest at the time but having remembered seeing it I then spent 2 hours trying to find that Poster again with no luck, do you by chance know if it was a regular Poster or may have been just someone like me asking for information. They could be of help with my Athalon Processor's information.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:58 am 
Advanced Member

Turning off anti virus while installing known trusted/safe EXE installation files may go faster but it should not be necessary.