Password Manager

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

dag1167
Advanced Member

Password Manager

Post by dag1167 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:50 am

Listening to the video on Slimbrowser it talks about Form Filler & Password Manager. As I understand it the 2 programs are part & parcel of the Browser but I can't find them. Can somebody please tell me where they are?

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: Password Manager

Post by oftentired » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:12 am

Use the Quickfill drop down from the menu bar. At the first use you need to save the information, after entering it once, the Quickfill feature remembers the website, user id, and password.

• open the website to the login page
• enter user ID and password
• click Quickfill and select Save Active Form...
• you will be able to choose to save it at the root location or create a folder
• the advanced menu can be very helpful if you have a form that doesn't work quit right select "Do Not Submit" so you can double check that everything is filled in and then manually hit the submit button. Also the auto fill delay may resolve issues with some websites when filling a form.
• after a form has been created you can edit the advanced options by using Quickfill:Organize Saved Forms:[highlight the form]:click Edit button

It is a very good idea to set a master password for the form fill as it will encrypt with that master password. This is especially useful for using Slimbrowser on a publicly accessible computer.

The Quickfill can also fill a non-login form of information if you have saved identity information available.

dag1167
Advanced Member

Post by dag1167 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:01 am

It's not Form Filler that I want, it is Password Manager

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:57 am

Quickfill acts as a password manager within Slimbrowser. It is not a global (or PC wide) password manager. This should perhaps be clarified on the video as it can be miss-understood to indicate a global password manager. :(

dag1167
Advanced Member

Post by dag1167 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm

Many thanks