Slimbrowser no longer working

General discussion about SlimBrowser or general issues about web browser software

Moderator: SlimBrowser Forum Moderators

kevinlt69

Slimbrowser no longer working

Post by kevinlt69 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:51 pm

What's going on with slimbrowser? A couple months ago it froze up on me and I had to go to task manager to kill it. Since then I have installed and tried to use every version I could get but none are working for me so I've had to resort to Chrome.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Re: Slimbrowser no longer working

Post by oftentired » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:13 am

Look for a dump (or crash) file at this location

C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\SlimBrowser

It will have the file name, slimbrowser.dmp

I think it will be OK if the file is as old as your first crash. Or it may have a date from your most recent try. Either one should work.

If you find a dump file upload the dump file to the developers at this web address.

http://www.slimbrowser.net/en/onlinefb.htm

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:16 am

And, in the meantime, you may want to consider trying Slimjet which is from the same developers as Slimbrowser. Slimjet uses the Blink browser engine from the Chromium project except that Slimjet doesn't phone home the way google Chrome does.

kevinlt69

Post by kevinlt69 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:51 pm

I see slimbrowser say it created a dump file but there isn't one in there. the only thing in that folder that would relate is Slimbrowser.log

I made it crash again and so I could see the path and it is
C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\SlimBrowser > frame.dmp

I downloaded slimjet and I don't like it 's UI the way I like SB and it doesn't have the option to add roboform like SB does, Roboform lite in chrome sucks compared to roboform addon in SB. Slimjet UI is like a copy of Chrome and I don't like that. I guess SB has been done away with and replaced with slimjet but I don't like it.

oftentired
Advanced Member

Post by oftentired » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:53 am

Send Frame.dmp to the developers.

If you don't want to wait to see what they might say.

My first and only suggestion based on what you've described as the problem is to perform a complete uninstall including the deletion of user data and then install the most recent version of Slimbrowser from the Slimbrowser website.

If you don't want to lose your Groups and Forms go to this folder

C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\SlimBrowser

and copy the Forms and Groups folders to a safe location. Also, if you make use of the Alias feature you should copy the file from the folder called alias.ini to a safe location as well.

This is link to the FAQ, a simple instruction on a complete uninstall.
Slimbrowser Demo Videos

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

radioman193
Advanced Member

Post by radioman193 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:13 pm

Slim jet SUX!!!!!!!!!!!
should just be called slimChrome

if i wanted google chrome i would have used chrome as chrome just Sucks BIGTIME.

Slimbrowser is a WAY Better interface by FAR.

brendann

Post by brendann » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 am

Hi, If you want to prevent your family from allergic diseases get the Anti-Allergen vacs technology helps reduce the number of allergens in the air and on the surface of your floors or upholstery. For more detail and products see https://bestvacuum.reviews/shark-vs-dyson/In this Shark Vacuum vs Dyson review we compare the best upright, handheld, and stick vacuums from both brands