Web Browser Discussion - FlashPeak Online Forum

Web Browser Software Forum. Discuss FlashPeak software products: SlimBrowser, IntelliComplete, BlazeFtp, etc.
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:43 am 
Advanced Member

I put this file together to replace the one that currently installs with Slimbrowser. It is as complete as I can make it at this time. Download the zip file and unzip the file to your Slimbrowser installation folder which is normally found in your Program Files folder. You may want to backup the current existing clsid.ini file first.

<a href='http://members.cox.net/oftentired/SB/clsid.zip' target='_blank'>CLSID.ZIP</a>

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:11 pm 
Advanced Member

Thanks for making such a complete list. But this list is too aggressive, isn't it? I've found that it includes Google toolbar and Yahoo companion which shouldn't be blocked, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:25 pm 
Advanced Member

flashpeak wrote:
Thanks for making such a complete list. But this list is too aggressive, isn't it? I've found that it includes Google toolbar and Yahoo companion which shouldn't be blocked, right?

Yes the list is very aggressive. I basically ran out of patience while editing the thing (my eyeballs being messed up with allergies actually makes it painful to star at a white background (text editor) for any length of time).

I also got to thinking about it and frequently, it seems, even the "friendly" ActiveX items are persistent about loading so I didn't see the harm in blocking all of them I could find.

Those who would want to use this exhaustive list should be aware of this and understand that they can simply unload the list in order to install any toolbar or BHO that is blocked by it. After completion of installing the desired ActiveX component they should reload the list.

I'll be happy to post a revised list that someone might make or you can wait until I get around to it ;)

Relationships are ours to make; we define them, day by day,
by who we choose to love and how we choose to love them.
And, by these choices, define ourselves. ~~~Richard N. Patterson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:55 pm 
Advanced Member

oftentired wrote:
flashpeak wrote:

Yes the list is very aggressive. I basically ran out of patience while editing the thing (my eyeballs being messed up with allergies actually makes it painful to star at a white background (text editor) for any length of time).

I also got to thinking about it and frequently, it seems, even the "friendly" ActiveX items are persistent about loading so I didn't see the harm in blocking all of them I could find.

Those who would want to use this exhaustive list should be aware of this and understand that they can simply unload the list in order to install any toolbar or BHO that is blocked by it. After completion of installing the desired ActiveX component they should reload the list.

I'll be happy to post a revised list that someone might make or you can wait until I get around to it ;)

Well, I think what I will do for now is to pick the most obtrusive ones from your list and add it into the default installation. A too long list will add too many entries into the user registry and slow down loading time.